Launching Horizon Desktops and Applications from Workspace ONE
Workspace ONE provides users with the ability to run Horizon applications and desktops from a user portal. WS1 Access provides single sign-on to these applications and desktops by sending SAML assertions to VMware Horizon.
In this section you will authenticate to Workspace ONE as an end user, then launch Horizon resources.
Log Out of Previous Workspace ONE Sessions
In this exercise you will connect to Workspace ONE using end user credentials. To do this, it is important that any existing Workspace ONE sessions are logged off.
Navigate to Existing Workspace ONE Tab in Chrome
- Navigate to the VMware Workspace ONE tab in Chrome.
You should still have Chrome opened with a tab for VMware Workspace ONE.
Logout of VIDM-01
- Select the drop-down menu next to the logged on user
- Select Logout
Go Back to Login Page
- Select Go back to login page
Verify Authentication Domain
- Verify the domain selected is corp.local
- Select Remember this setting
- Select Next
Authenticate to Workspace ONE as an End User
- username = user1mod1
- password = VMware1!
- Select Sign in
Review Workspace ONE Preferences
Once logged on to Workspace ONE, your catalog of applications and desktops is available.
Navigate to User Settings
- Select the drop-down menu
- Select Settings
Review Horizon Remote Apps Configuration
Workspace ONE is currently configured to launch apps and desktops using the Horizon Client.
While this option provides the best overall user experience, Horizon also supports HTML access for added flexibility.
Configure Horizon Remote Apps for Browser
- Select Browser
- Click UPDATE
Navigate to Apps Catalog
- Select Apps
View All Apps
- Click All Apps
Launch Remote Desktop
- Select Open on the Calculator app (please wait a while longer if it has not appeared)
WS1 Access checks the network and access policy rules, then passes a SAML token to Horizon to start and authenticate to the remote desktop or application.
If you get a popup warning while connecting to the Horizon desktop pool:
- Click the popup settings
- Select Always allow pop-ups...
- Click Done
VMware Horizon HTML Access
- The remote Calculator is opened in a new Chrome tab. You are not prompted for login or password for AD
- Click to expand the Horizon Client controls on the left pane
Log Out of Windows
- Select Options for the running VM
- Select Log Off
Confirm Log Off
- Select Close
Sign out of Horizon HTML Access
- Select Options for Horizon
- Select Log out
Confirm Log Off
- Select OK
Sign Out of Workspace ONE
- Expand the drop-down menu
- Select Sign Out
Sign In Page
Leave this page open as you will use it in the next exercise.